English DepartmentThe Open UniversitySHOHAMLogout OU Student English DepartmentThe Open UniversitySHOHAMLogin OU Student
header login
beta version
comprise
Exercise 1 - Understanding meaning
Comprise means that something includes or is formed from a number of parts.

Comprise is used mainly in reports and research articles, not in everyday conversations.

For example:

Our hospital's medical staff is comprised of both men and women. Women comprise 44% of the staff, while the remaining 56% are comprised of men between the ages of 19 and 69.
Which words below are closest in meaning to comprise?
Click on 3 correct answers.

This page requires FLASH
To install FLASH go to
Get Adobe Flash player

next
previous next next previous exercise 6 exercise 5 exercise 4 exercise 3 exercise 2 Flash card for comprise exercise 6 exercise 5 exercise 4 exercise 3 exercise 1 Flash card for comprise exercise 6 exercise 5 exercise 4 exercise 2 exercise 1 Flash card for comprise exercise 6 exercise 5 exercise 3 exercise 2 exercise 1 Flash card for comprise exercise 6 exercise 4 exercise 3 exercise 2 exercise 1 Flash card for comprise exercise 4 exercise 3 exercise 2 exercise 1 Flash card for comprise exercise 5 exercise 4 exercise 3 exercise 2 exercise 1 Flash card for comprise
Preview release – please send us your comments
All rights reserved Copyright © The Open University of Israel